How to Install Vanilla Forum via Softaculous in SiteWorx?
1. Log into your SiteWorx account. (e.g. www.example.com:2443/siteworx/ )
2. Under "SiteWorx Menu", click the "Hosting Features" menu item if it is not already open.
3. Click on the "Softaculous" option.
4. SiteWorx will open a Softaculous Interface.5. On the left side of your screen you should locate the "Forums" category. Click on it and then click on the "Vanilla" link that will appear.6. Click on the "Install" button
.7. Fill the necessary field under the "Software Setup" field:
- Choose Protocol: You can leave this as it is.
- Choose Domain: If you don't have multiple domains, leave this as it is.
- In Directory: If
you want to install this in a directory, for example example.com/forum,
enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave this blank to install in your
main domain example.com
8. Enter the following details under the "Site Settings" field:
9. Under the "Admin Account" field enter the following information:
- Site Name: Name of your Forum like "Your Domain Name - Gaming Forum"
Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need
these login details to access the admin area of your Vanilla Forum.10. Advanced Options: Leave
this as it is, unless you want to change the database name or take an
automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a
lot of disk space.
- Admin Username: Your new Vanilla username (for security reason do not use the "Administrator" or the "Admin" username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc)
Finally, scroll down to the end of page and click on the Install Button.
Can't find the information you are looking for?
Create a Support Ticket
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry about that :( We'll work to make it better.
You voted before.
(6775 times viewed / 0 people found it helpful)